Modifications for Specific Sets
The article goes on to give descriptions for actual modifications for specific
sets, all of which Mullard state to have tried. Information is given for the
sets listed below.
The following illustrates the level of detail given. If you want the details for
any of the sets listed above then feel free to contact me via the Guestbook
- Ambassador TV 1 MA
- Baird 164
- Ekco T141, TC138 and TC139
- Ekco T161, TC162, TC166
- G.E.C. BT4543, BT5146
- H.M.V 2815
- Marconiphone VC76DA, VC86DA, VC86DA, VRC77DA, VRC87DA, VT76DA, VT86DA
- Masteradio T612 Series.
- Murphy V150
- Murphy V200A, V202CA,VU200A
- Pilot VS9
- Plessey T.V Chassis ("This chassis is used in a number of receivers
marketed by different manufacturers. It can be recognised by the sunk R.F.
strip, and by the rectangular line transformer can with metal recifier mounted
directly behid it").
- R.G.D B235 I.T.
- R.G.D. B1800, H1800, L1800
- Ultra V711, V7116, W721, W7216
- Ultra VA72, YA72, YA75
Ambassador TV 1 MA
- Replace original tube socket by duodecal (B12A) socket and reconnect heater,
gridand cathode connections to the appropriate contacts (See Fig.1)
- Wind 12 turns of wire round the winding of the mains transformer having
first removed the top plate of the transformer. Connect this additional winding
in series with the existing 2V winding which supplies the tube heater, to
provide 6.3V for the Mullard tube. Having made this modification the heater
voltage should be checked.
- Obtain the H.T. supply for the first anode of the picture tube from the
cathode of the recifier valve (UU8) via a smoothing filter consisting of
a 100K resistor and a 0.1uF 500V working capacitor.
- To reduce the focussing feild strength shunt the winding of the magnet
with a 500R 5W resistor.
- Earth the external conductive coating of the picture tube.
- Provide, fit and adjust an ion trap magnet e.g. ELAC type IT6